Five Years Gone

Five Years Gone

Monday, July 20, 2009

60's Rock at Slacker.com

Amid all the free music sites, one of my absolute favorites is the 60's Rock Station at Slacker.com. Simply put, it sounds exactly like what you'd hear if you turned on your Marantz FM tuner around the autumn of 1970. It's a fantastic alchemy of all the great albums and artists from, say, 1964 or so up to that turn-of-the-decade day. Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, CCR, Dylan, The Stones (up to Gimme Shelter), The Doors, Grateful Dead, Hendrix, Cream, Donovan, Steppenwolf, Zappa & The Mothers, Janis, Jefferson Airplane, etc, mixed in with Simon & Garfunkel, Joni Mitchell, Nick Drake and countless others. How do I know it's such a killer mix? Because I've programmed it all. And I'd love to hear your thoughts. www.slacker.com
(go to "Rock" category and click on 60's Rock)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy (almost) Birthday! Have a good one.
I won't say how old you are...

Anonymous said...

Hi Gary, Christa and I would like to wish you a (almost(: Happy Birthday! It was fun meeting you at the KLOS Booth, My 1st Dodger game." fun fun~also I'm glad you love my Secret. V

The Greatest FAX Ever.

The Greatest FAX Ever.