Five Years Gone

Five Years Gone

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Uh, decent week for Beatles fans, wouldn't you say? The band's been broken up for exactly 40 years now (we didn't know it until 1970, but they did) and yet the demand for their wares is refreshingly still "high." I like the remastered cds. They're not remixed, like the last batch of Doors cds were, bringing up vocals and instruments previously buried in the mix. But the sound IS vastly improved from the '87 versions that were DOA--disappointing on arrival. Personally, I prefer trying to play Fab favorites on a real guitar, but whatever it takes to expose their superior brand of songwriting and harmonizing to the masses, I'm all for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ditto minus the guitar playing part except in 'me ed' of course! I have listened to to many different versions of their CD's, "remixes","remasters","re dos", even the UK versions as well as a 'bootlegged' South African version...
Just dropped in to say Top O the Morning or Midday to you. & THANKS!
I think I need a Red Bull,( All kidding aside?... I do have a Liverpool story cute one regarding 'Red Bulls' for "Another Day" )
PEACE AND LOVE GARY Always & ALL WAYS..
TO YOU , & JIM & A FEW OTHERS AT KLOS.. :)
I have been listening on and off for 30+years.. and tonight I feel them all!... NOT WHINING JUST HAD TO GET IT OFF ME CHEST??... i.e; I had to say any words I could remember from the text I deleted in haste...on accident of course ..I figured this BLOG was unrelated to LOVE?.. It was a hopefully good way to play with words, while covering my bases, on my 'No Slow Weekend'...So I could know I gave it a go...And start the new game...Geesh You miss one sentence & boom ! LOL ..So glad to bew back with KLOS!
Ps I love the new sound of the Beatles Rock Band's versions! I heard them for the first time last Sunday! You GUYS ROCK..Thanks for the music & smiles! :) Hugs Amy V.

The Greatest FAX Ever.

The Greatest FAX Ever.